Shri. Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar College, Pandharkawada was established by Janshakti Shikshan Sanstha, Pandharkawada, Dist. Yavatmal. Janshakti Shikshan Sanstha is registered under societies regulation act 1860 vide registration no. Mah-131-Yavatmal and as a Public Trust under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide Sr. No. F-131 (Yavatmal) on 07/10/1965.
Shri. Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar College, Pandharkawada was established in the year 1970 with Arts & Commerce faculties at undergraduation level by the then Minister of Maharashtra Honrable Shri. Abasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar for upliftment of rural and tribal people in the area.
The history of the development of the college will remain incomplete without reference to the efforts and achievements of our Honorable secretary shri. Annasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar, Ex. MLA of Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha, who painstakingly worked for social and educational development of this area. Janshakti Shikshan Santha is now rendering invaluable services in the field of education. It has one school and two junior college and one senior college. The names of the schools and college run by our society are as follows.
- Shri. Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar Senior College, Pandharkawada
- Shri. Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar Junior College, Pandharkawada
- Shri. Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar HSSC Vocational College, Pandharkawada
- Pandhurngji More Vidyalaya, Umrikapeshwar
- Abasaheb Parwekar College, Yavatmal
- Babasaheb Deshmukh Parwekar college, Parwa